How to Install Android Nougat on Xiaomi Mi Max | Custom CyanogenMod 14.1 | Lineage OS 14.1
Mi is Chinese mobile company. And now it is of famous mobile company in India also. Isn’t it? Lets know how to install android nougat on Xiaomi Mi max.
Xiaomi Mi Max is one of the famous Mi phone when we compare its price with its features. It comes with 6.4 inch display.
In this tutorial you will learn how to Install Android Nougat on Xiaomi Mi Max. The android nougat which we will install on our mi max will be based on cyanogenmod 14.1 or CM 14.1.
Android Nougat is also Android 7.
Originally Xiaomi Mi Max comes with Android Marshmallow with MIUI skin on it. But if you want more features in you MI Max mobile. Then you should definitely update it to Custom Android Nougat which is based on CyanogenMod 14.1 also known as Lineage OS 14.1.
CyanogenMod Os is now Lineage Os.
Features of New CM 14.1 or Lineage Os 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi Max
Below are the list of features which you will get if you update your Mi Max to custom android 7 rom which is based on Lineage 14.1.
- Split Screen Mode Feature.
- App shortcut.
- Doze on the Go.
- New Easter App.
- Enhanced Settings Options.
- Data saver for internet.
- Landscape mode.
- Better Multitasking Mod.
- ….And much more.
Requirements and Prerequisite before Installing Lineage 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max Phone:
Fulfill below Requirements Before proceeding to Flash Android Nougat on your Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Make sure your Device is atleast 50% charged.
- Backup all your Personal Data before Flashing.
- Bootloader of xiaomi mi max must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Your Xiaomi Mi Max must be rooted.
After fulfilling the above requirements proceed to the next step to flash Lineage Os 14.1.
Steps to Flash Android 7.1 Nougat or CM 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max
Now after filling requirements follow below steps to install lineage os on Xiaomi Mi Max.
Step 1: Download Below Files
Step 2: Place Downloaded files in your Internal Storage.
Step 3: Go to Recovery Mode in Xiaomi MI Max
For going to recovery mode follow below steps:
Follow the below steps to go to recovery mode in xiaomi mi max.
- Switch Off you Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Now Press Volume Up + Power Button.
- When MI logo appears Release only Power Key.
- Keep holding the Volume Up Button until Recovery Mode appears.
- To Navigate in Recovery Mode use Volume Buttons and confirm options by pressing the Power key.
Step 4: Flash CM 14.1 on Xiaomi MI Max
- First Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
Note: All Data on your Mi Max will be deleted. So you should definitely take complete backup of your phone data.
- Now Click on Install on TWRP home Screen and locate CM 14.1 or Lineage 14.1 file and slide swipe to confirm flash on TWRP screen to start the flashing of the Custom Android Nougat on Mi Max.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the Custom ROM completely on your Mi Max.
- Then reboot into recovery again (don’t skip this) and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps
package on Xiaomi Mi Max.
Step 5: Flash CM 14.1 Google Apps Package (Gapps)
- Now again click on Install from TWRP home screen. And navigate to GApps zip file and then select the file and slide the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen to start the flashing of the GApps.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the Google Apps (GApps) completely on Mi Max.
- Done!!! Now your Xiaomi Mi Max is installed with Google Apps (GApps).
- Now simply Reboot your mi max phone, setup Google account and ENJOY.
Enjoy the the latest CyanogenMod 14.1 Nougat ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max.
Video: Watch How to Install Custom Android Nougat on Xiaomi Mi Max.
Note on Flashing Custom Android Nougat 7.1:
- Please Take complete backup before installing CM 14.1.
- Installing Custom Rom will void your Mi warranty cause it requires unlocking bootloader.
- Flash Rom on your own risk, Android Rom will not be responsible if anything happens to your device.
That’s all. I hope you Enjoyed our the article on How to install android nougat on Xiaomi Mi Max.
Flashing Cm 14.1 now know Lineage 14.1 is really easy if you follow all the steps correctly. Follow all the steps slowly, don’t hurry up. If you needed any kind of help please let me know by comment i will always help you.
If you liked our tutorial then Please Subscribe us on Youtube for Tech Videos. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter and Google Plus. Sharing our Article on Social Media will be appreciated. Good Bye. Stay tuned for more such posts.
Latest posts by Sachin Mishra (see all)
- Tech News | Gionee A1 Lite Specifications, Features and Price - August 10, 2017
- List of Top 10 Most Popular Torrent Websites Of 2017 - August 8, 2017
- Top 5 Best Free Video Converter Softwares of 2017 for PC - August 5, 2017
How much our Tutorial helped you? Let us know by rating this Post.
Rate our guide on How to Install Android Nougat 7.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max. Rate it and let us know now much you appreciated our work.
Please Subscribe us on Youtube for Tech Videos. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter and Google Plus.