How to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Devices Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool – Official Method
Hello Guys, In this Article you will come to know how you can unlock Bootloader of xiaomi or redmi devices using Mi Flash Unlock Tool App.
Mi is a Chinese Mobile company. And now in India also it is one of the famous mobile company. Mi is giving great features in their mobiles at affordable prices. And sometimes users want to do extra tweaks with their mobile and for this sometime they need to unlock bootloader.
Main purpose of unlocking bootloader:
- Restore Bricked Devices.
- To Root Android Devices.
- To Install Custom Recovery like CWM and Twrp on your Android.
- To install custom roms after installing custom recovery.
Since this is lengthy article we have added Table of Content to make it easy for you to navigate.
Table of Contents
- How to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Devices Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool – Official Method
- Which Xiaomi Devices Bootloader can be unlocked using this article’s Guide?
- Step by Step Guide to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi and Redmi phones
- Step 1:- Get the Bootloader Unlocking Permission from Xiaomi
- Step 2:- Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Mi or Redmi Devices after Getting Permission
- Note for Unlocking Bootloader:
- Summing Up:
- Sachin Mishra
- Latest posts by Sachin Mishra (see all)
- How would you rate the guide?
It is fun to unlock bootloader. Isn’t it?
Lets start the Guide to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi and Mi Devices.
Which Xiaomi Devices Bootloader can be unlocked using this article’s Guide?
One question that may come in your mind is that, can i use this article’s guide to unlock my mobile bootloader? For the answer of this question look at the list of phones that can be unlocked using this post’s help.
- Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
- Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- Xiaomi Mi 3.
- Xiaomi Mi 4.
- Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Mi Redmi 1s.
- Mi Redmi 2s.
- Mi Redmi 3s.
- Mi Redmi Note.
- Mi Redmi Note 2.
- Mi Redmi Note 3.
- Mi Redmi Note 4.
- Mi Redmi 4a.
- Mi Redmi 4.
- Mi Redmi 5.
- Mi Redmi Note 4G
Step by Step Guide to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi and Redmi phones
Below is simple step by step procedure for unlocking your android’s bootloader. If anything you do not understand let me know by commenting.
Before proceeding further know one thing Xiaomi is very strict in their bootloader unlocking policy and it’s not easy to unlock the bootloader unless you get the permission from mi.
- We will not be responsible in case anything happens with your device. But we will always help you.
- You will lose your Warranty.
Above notes should not demotivate you if you really want to do something with your mobile.
There are two steps in unlocking bootloader of Mi Devices. First step is applying for permission and second is unlocking bootloader. Here are the steps to Unlock bootloader:
Step 1:- Get the Bootloader Unlocking Permission from Xiaomi
For getting bootloader unlocking permission from Mi follow below steps:
Third: Click on Unlock Button and on the next page it will ask you to login into your MI Account. Login in it simply by putting login detail which you created in Step 1 or you can also Login using Facebook Account.
Fourth: Once you are logged in you will see an Unlock Application Permission Page.
Fifth: Fill your Name, Mobile Number and Reason why you want to unlock bootloader. And after filling everything correctly tap on button Apply Now.
Note: Do not write long reason. Just keep it short and simple. For example: My Phone is bricked, I request you to accept my approval. Thank You.
Sixth: On the Next Page you will need to enter the Verification Code sent to you by SMS.
Note: Servers are really slow, so it may take some time to get the sms code like 10-15 minutes. Do not tap on resend multiple time. They can ban your Ip if you tap on resend so many times. If you get error try after 24 hours again.
Seventh: Once completed. You will see page saying “Submitted. Please wait for the review.” It will around 3-10 days for the approval and you will receive confirmation approval by SMS.
Note: If it is not approved go to Help Forum and take their support.
Eighth: Once you get approval confirmation message like below. You can proceed forward to step 2 for unlocking process.
- You will lose all your data. So make sure to take backup of your mobile data.
- You will void your Warranty.
- Charge your device to atleast 50 percent.
- Use Mi original USB cable only.
Step 2:- Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Mi or Redmi Devices after Getting Permission
If you have successfully completed step 1 to get Approval Confirmation Message by Mi. Follow further below steps.
First: Enable the Developer Option of your mobile. To do so go to Settings > About Phone and tap on MIUI Version 7-8 times.
Now go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status. And Log into the Mi account which has acquired unlocking permission on your device.
Now in Developer Options enable OEM Unlocking.
Third: Sign in to your Mi Account.
Fourth: After Signing in reboot your device in Bootloader mode. To do so:
Switch off your mobile. Press the Power Button and Volume Down (-) Button at the same time.
Fifth: Connect your Mi or Redmi device to PC using USB Cable.
Sixth: Simply Click on Unlock button. It will take 10-15 seconds for unlocking process.
Seventh: Congratulations you have successfully unlocked bootloader of your Xiaomi or Mi or Redmi Device.
Note for Unlocking Bootloader:
- Make sure that your MI Account is not associated with more than one mobile. If it is so error may occur.
- Unlocking Bootloader of Mi or any phone makes your phone less secure and more vulnerable to malware.
- Some features of your Xiaomi mobile will stop working. Like Find your Device, Added Value Services etc.
Keep in mind do not hurry up. Read each and every steps carefully and then proceed step by step. Comment below if any kind of assistance needed.
That’s all I hope you like the post on how to unlock booloader of Mi or Redmi devices using Mi Flash Unlock tool App officially. If you have any question you can ask me below in comment section.
If you liked the article Please Subscribe us on Youtube for Tech Videos. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter and Google Plus. Sharing our Article on Social Media will be appreciated. Good Bye. Stay tuned for more Post.
Latest posts by Sachin Mishra (see all)
- Tech News | Gionee A1 Lite Specifications, Features and Price - August 10, 2017
- List of Top 10 Most Popular Torrent Websites Of 2017 - August 8, 2017
- Top 5 Best Free Video Converter Softwares of 2017 for PC - August 5, 2017
How would you rate the guide?
Rate our guide on How to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Devices Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool App. Rate it and let us know now much you appreciated our work.
Please Subscribe us on Youtube for Tech Videos. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter and Google Plus.